The other night I listened to parts of President Obama’s speech regarding the economic stimulus/bailout package and I was impressed. I was happy to hear him speak bluntly about poor decisions made on behalf of all parties: citizens, businesses and government. I was even more pleased when he announced the launching of a website, recovery.gov.
For the past several weeks, I have been trying to follow the stimulus money trail. I discovered an online newspaper that contained a link to the 407-page stimulus document which I found extremely difficult to wade through.
So today, when I had the opportunity to check out the government’s page I became utterly disappointed by what I read. Mr. Obama’s website does not show detailed information on how the money is distributed. In fact, there are two sections with headings so vague (one literally titled "Other") I wanted to call our dear President up and say, “What the…?”
I advise everyone to check out the website and if anyone knows what exactly the “protecting the vulnerable” group is please let me know.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment